Important Things to Know
Our products are designed for use with minimal conflicts with your normal life. However, we have several tips for improving your treatment and experience.
These are more especially important if you are using our stronger, Level 3 peels, which have a high possibility of redness or irritation after the application. Our instructions include a full list of Pre-Peel tips and precautions, but here are some examples:
- Cleansing your skin prior to the application will help the skin to peel more evenly, aid in the healing process, and minimize the risk of infection, uneven skin color and other complications.
- Approximately 2-3 days before the peel the use of scrubbing pads and exfoliating sponges should be discontinued as well as any other shaving products.
- Forty-eight hours prior to your treatment, you will be asked to refrain from using Retin-A (tretinoin), Glycolic Acid Ceram and Vitamin C. You may resume use two days after your treatment as long as you are not experiencing any irritation.
- Eat a healthy diet, drink plenty of water and get sufficient rest. Lack of sleep or stress weakens the immune system.
- Prepare yourself mentally for the change. People may notice a change. Decide what to tell them.
- Don’t shave, wax, bleach hairs or use hair removal creams and laser hair removal at least 3 days prior to peel. Avoid irritating your skin.