Application InstructionsDetailed directions are included with your purchase of the peel, but here is a rundown of how a chemical peel is applied:
- Before applying any AHA or BHA product to the face, apply a small patch test to either the inner forearm or under the chin for 1 minute to test skin sensitivity. Wait 48 hours before applying to face.
- Thoroughly cleanse all areas that are to be treated, with a cleanser. Rinse the cleanser from the skin with clean warm water and gently pat dry.
- Apply toner to remove all traces of the cleanser and let dry, do not rinse.
- Get a timer and set it for desired peel time.
- Very quickly, apply a small amount of peel solution with a brush, cotton ball or gauze pad to the area cleansed and toned. Leave on for recommended amount of time.
- After this time period use lukewarm-cool water to rinse product from skin and pat dry. Make sure no trace of acid is left on your skin.
- Apply moisturizer to treated areas. Depending on your degree of irritation, wait 1-2 days after the peel has been performed to reinitiate Retin-A, glycolic and topical bleaching creams.
- This product may make your skin more sensitive to the sun. The FDA recommends that a sunscreen of at least SPF 30 be applied daily when using exfoliating products.