Combination of Glycolic (25%) and Lactic (35%) acid for the benefits of both in a single peel to target stubborn skin conditions, such as acne and sun damage.
Glycolac 60% Peel
How Does the Glycolac Acid Combination Peel Work?
The Lactic Part…
Lactic acid occurs naturally in human skin as a part of normal metabolic processes. In normal skin, it helps to maintain the acid mantle of the skin at a pH of 5.5 to 6.0. Also, Lactic acid has a natural moisturizing effect on the skin; it draws water molecules already present in the skin towards the surface, and stimulates the synthesis of ceramides, improving and modulating the functional barrier. Lactic acid also works to increase the thickness of both the epidermis and the dermis by stimulating the growth of new collagen and elastic fibers in the skin, leaving the surface of the skin looking younger and smoother.
The Glycolic Part…
Glycolic acid is a powerful exfoliant that works primarily underneath the skin. Glycolic acid speeds up the body’s exfoliation process by “loosening” the cellular bonds between dead skin cells, thus breaking them apart and causing them to “disappear”. The small glycolic molecule is also able to penetrate beneath the outer layers of skin and stimulate collagen growth underneath, thus eliminating the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Just Some of the Benefits:
- maximizes functional acid levels and solution pH within FDA guidelines for non-physician administered peels
- provides superior exfoliation due to glycolic acid
- improves hydration due to lactic acid stimulating glycosaminoglycans production in epidermal and dermal levels
- less irritating than a pure glycolic peel
- improves collagen synthesis and remodels existing collagen
- improves elastin fibers in dermis
- encourages cell renewal
- improves the appearance of skin discolorations by dispersing melanin granules more evenly in epidermis
- increases ceramide levels in stratum corneum
100ml, 30ml, Roll-on